No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Y shaped vase, 1960s?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Y shaped vase, 1960s?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »
Would agree with a Murano maker, the hard part is narrowing down the many possibilities. The following are simply more variations on the green and amber theme.

The first was made by Cristallo Venizia, the following three are unknowns, to me anyway, even though the last has a label.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »
The label cropped and tweaked in an attempt to highlight what is left, in case it can be of use sometime.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline kwqd

• Members
  • Random collector.
    • Art glass
    • United States
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »
The label cropped and tweaked in an attempt to highlight what is left, in case it can be of use sometime.

Thanks for your efforts! The shape of the label, alone, can often be very helpful. There is a site which catalogs labels, I just have to remember where it is. May have it bookmarked on another computer at a different location, the same place where my image editing software is. Maybe grayscaling and inverting the image will bring out the writing better in some spots. Will try when I get there.
Glass mutt. I collect anything I like & find interesting & is of reasonable quality.

Offline kwqd

• Members
  • Random collector.
    • Art glass
    • United States
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 03:10:29 PM »
Thanks for your efforts! The shape of the label, alone, can often be very helpful. There is a site which catalogs labels, I just have to remember where it is. May have it bookmarked on another computer at a different location, the same place where my image editing software is. Maybe grayscaling and inverting the image will bring out the writing better in some spots. Will try when I get there.

Maybe the label site I was thinking of, probably already well known to everyone...:

https://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/glass_labels/glass_labels.htm
Glass mutt. I collect anything I like & find interesting & is of reasonable quality.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2022, 06:38:23 PM »
Another with 8 pages of Murano labels here: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/thumbnails.php?album=102

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2022, 10:14:00 PM »

John I think the first line is either Vetri something or Vetraria something and the second line is Export Glass.
The bottom line could read Venezia.

Can't read the third script line unfortunately.
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 06:30:56 PM »
Yes I see pretty mush the same, I think the fourth line could be Venezia arcing upwards and there may be a fifth line following the bottom edge of the label too. The oval scalloped shape is reminiscent of some used by A Seguso but that does not seem to fit here. It might be a Murano retailers label or an importers I guess.

Offline kwqd

• Members
  • Random collector.
    • Art glass
    • United States
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2022, 07:29:17 PM »
This vase arrived today and the bottom is not beveled as described by the seller. Bottom is just ground flat and polished. I got better images. It glows faintly green under a black light. It is much less ponderous looking than the seller's images suggested, it I actually much more elegant than I thought. 8/75" high x 6.5" wide x 2.25" deep and weighs 2 lbs 11 ounces.

The original images were used with the permission of the seller.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand