Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Belgium and the Netherlands Glass

Copier Leerdam Vase?

(1/2) > >>

NevB:
A nice charity shop find today, it was glowing on the shelf. I've got a few jugs in this type of glass but this is the first piece with an Andries Dirk Copier mark, used from 1914-67, as seen below in the Leerdam section. 16cm. high and 10cm. diameter, I'm not sure of its purpose, a vase or large drinking glass maybe.

http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/marki-l.htm

NevB:
I've seen one online identified as "winterbeker"/wintercup design from 1923 but I can't confirm that, but it is a drinking vessel.

NevB:
It is Winterbeker pattern, several examples online.

Mbullock:
Nice find.... I love charity shop hunting ;D ;D ;D

I do not collect this area, more of a Swedish, British, Japanese and animal figures collector but can appreciate it, so no competition at the charity shops from me lol

Good hunting

Meachelle

glassobsessed:
A Winterbeaker looks spot on, one of the nine beakers designed in 1923 so not a vase. That is early in Copiers career and he was only 22. Winterbeker became a name possibly because some beakers were decorated with a winter scene. According to Complete Copier by Joan Temminck and Laurens Geurtz that etched mark is on production glass circa 1923-1945 (different dates when on Serica).

A clear photo of the profile of the foot would be good.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version