No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stevens & Williams Royal Brierley Keith Murray Glass ??  (Read 699 times)

Offline rnagy

• Members
    • Art Glass
    • United States
Stevens & Williams Royal Brierley Keith Murray Glass ??
« on: April 26, 2022, 09:18:02 PM »
Have been researching this tiny goblet or vase for some time and came up with 1930's Stevens & Williams Royal Brierley by Keith Murray. Base is Vaseline and applied. The exterior is smooth and the interior is molded/paneled 16 times vertically. No sig. 3-1/4" x 2-1/2"Any ideas from the community? Thanks, Rodney

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Stevens & Williams Royal Brierley Keith Murray Glass ??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 11:14:13 PM »
Not seen a piece with that colouring but the wavy lines are similar to this piece of S&W's so it maybe  ;D

Offline rnagy

• Members
    • Art Glass
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 11:21:17 PM »
I appreciate your reply. I did see a similar piece like yours when researching which made me think S&W.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 05:30:54 PM »
Is your mushroom posy optic ribbed, Keith?
I do have a habit of suspecting S&W for threaded pieces, but I don't know how many other makers used it too.
I don't feel the little glass in question could be Keith Murray, because I like it. It's curved and elegant. I normally have a very strong aversion to anything KM designed, it's generally full of straight lines and angles. (We can't all like the same things.  ;D )
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 05:45:01 PM »
I did look through my Keith Murray design book and couldn't find anything similar, as for the mushroom posy, I'll let you know when I find it !  ::) ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand