No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unregistered Henry Greener Pressed Glass Goblet 1875 lion mark  (Read 716 times)

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
I’ve not been able to find a match for this pattern so I thought I’d share on here, does anyone know if this Greener pattern is a registered design??? It’s probably unregistered and just has the 1875-85 lion mark. Cheers Mike

Offline MHT

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • English Pressed Glass
    • Cumbria
    • Victorian Pressed Glass
Re: Unregistered Henry Greener Pressed Glass Goblet 1875 lion mark
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 12:41:02 PM »
Hi Mike
Sorry can't help with your enquiry re. registration, but on the subject of goblets, have you seen this one before?
Goblet has three plain panels and 3 with vine leaves and grapes. Probably a wine glass  ;)
Trade mark inside is not easy to see but I think is the first Greener mark.

Mike
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

www.victorianpressedglass.com

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Unregistered Henry Greener Pressed Glass Goblet 1875 lion mark
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 01:24:46 PM »
Hi Mike thanks for sharing, I haven’t seen that one before but I have seen other greener patterns with floral designs similar, I think I’d favour Greener for your nice goblet. Cheers Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand