No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Teal strapped aurene/Seawood  (Read 710 times)

Offline suzygpr

• Members
Teal strapped aurene/Seawood
« on: July 27, 2022, 02:10:04 PM »
Just arrived :)  I don't see this colourway very often, I'm lucky to have a couple of teal aurene goodies so it fits right in.  Little hexagonal came from Sue, the elephant foot bowl was a lucky find on ebay. 

Offline suzygpr

• Members
Re: Teal strapped aurene/Seawood
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 02:12:31 PM »
Oops missed out that they are Isle of Wight Studio Glass pieces

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »
 ;D Lovely, and a really good find. I have one, so yours is safe. Start fretting about your elephant's foot bowl though. ;)
The teal enamel used for these very early experimental pieces was the stuff the Harris's brought back with them from Malta. It was a limited supply and what they happened to have.
I really like that these pieces are partially cased as well as strapped.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 10:18:27 AM »
This strapped bottle would fit neatly alongside and the attenuated two would not be too far out of place.

John

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 11:34:19 AM »
I need to have a good think to myself about why I especially like Mdina teal in IoWSG - and especially the cobalt blue (used for most Aurene) when it comes to Mdina.

Am I actually allowing myself to be influenced by the scarcity thing?  :-[ :-[ :-[
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline suzygpr

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 04:54:23 PM »
They are all gorgeous John, I like the smaller attenuated most but there's nothing quite like getting them in my hands though to see which is my favourite. 
Turquoise/teal/aqua has always been one of my favourite colour ranges.  I've always been drawn to it so I'm likely to go after them rather than the other aurene colours, though I do like the deep blue used too.  Happy to move on pieces with 'too much' yellow to them when I get round to thinning out the glass shelves.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 05:06:31 PM »
I've found a piccie.
Ordinary Aurene; strapped and partially cased Aurene; and teal strapped and partially cased Aurene.

The ordinary Aurenes shown are a blue and a gold example.
The name refers to the colour that is predominant, not whether it is blue or gold on top.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand