No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Harrach? Frosted Blue Vase.  (Read 822 times)

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Harrach? Frosted Blue Vase.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 08:43:29 AM »
Thanks m, the pink vase looks to be the same, there is also a large vase in the middle cabinet in the same blue glass. I'll keep looking for a maker unless someone can give a positive ID. I think you are right about the date as the ones I saw on Ebay had the earlier date of 1850-70. I found this in a local antique centre and the dealer obviously didn't put any value on it as it was priced at £1.  ;D. I've got another uranium vase with a similar rim which I'll post.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
I found this vase which is very similar but much more ornate, the foot design looks identical.

https://www.bohemianglass.org/katalog/vaza-na-nozce-weiss-alabaster-3117/detail/

There are also several other pieces on this site with a similar rim design and assuming the attribution is correct I think mine is by Harrach and around the same date.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 10:23:31 AM »
Another with I think the same shape as yours Nev but this time pink, the link with the source and any information is long dead but an image remains:
https://www.picclickimg.com/mOsAAOSwaQZhwTRk/Antique-Tall-Pink-Opaline-Glass-Vase-85225.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 12:42:55 PM »
Thanks John, it appears to be the same as mine and the one in the museum cabinet.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand