No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Water jug - Teachers Whisky promotional - who and how did they do that?  (Read 898 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Water jug - Teachers Whisky promotional - who and how did they do that?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 08:01:09 PM »
They look just like finger drawings in coloured frit. Which is exactly what they are.  ;)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ekimp

• Members
    • England
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 09:52:44 AM »
It looks to me as though the lettering has been drawn by hand, rather than using a stencil or mould. For example, if you compare the ‘H’ in whiskey on the two jugs, they are different, the one on the Highland Special example has a sloping horizontal. Also the lettering looks to be different heights and sizes, even from one letter to the next in places. I don’t think that would be accounted for by distortions when making it if printed or using a mould or stencil etc, it looks freehand to me.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day - Winnie-the-Pooh

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2022, 11:24:42 AM »
That would have to be done with the glass cold, so it would be blown then cooled then painted and then heated again before the red could be added. A lot of complication along with the risk of reheating, I can't see that, it does not account for the depth of the letters either.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand