No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Desna Glass  (Read 2391 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Desna Glass
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:41:59 PM »
Hi,

Thought I would add this link to the Desna site. Ive seen a few of these Desna vases described as Murano...so just thought it would be a heads up for some. Btw, I know nothing of Desna..and their glass is quite beautiful, I just dont want to buy something that Im told is Murano when it isnt.

http://www.crystal-treasury.com/store/bohemiacrystal/IndexRam.asp?Odkaz=*&LevaLista=Glass_Crystal&Line=Bohemian_Glass

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Desna Glass
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 06:34:50 AM »
http://www.desna-glass.cz/
Has no relation with Murano whatsoever.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Desna Glass
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 07:14:51 AM »
I tend to agree Ivo, however, if you are just a visitor to this site or a beginning collector, looking for information, there really are some items on that site that do more than resemble Murano glass and are also sold as such by unscrupulous sellers. As we know, not everyone visits all forums.
Forewarned is forearmed after all.  :D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand