No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stippled Plate ID request from a family in Sao Paulo  (Read 530 times)

Offline neilh

• Members
Stippled Plate ID request from a family in Sao Paulo
« on: November 08, 2022, 03:25:54 PM »
A colleague at work showed me this plate today in the hope I could ID it. All he could tell me was it once belonged to his wife's great grandmother, a family that moved from Italy to Sao Paulo. It's now treated as a family heirloom as one of her surviving items. It is unlikely to date before 1930 from what I hear, and obviously it has no financial value.
It is about 7 inches across and my best guess was mid 20th century import. I thought it looked quite similar to Pasari Indonesian glass.

Any other ideas?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Stippled Plate ID request from a family in Sao Paulo
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:50:58 AM »
Reminds of some of the plates Pamela has here https://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/index2.html. The main link to plates and bowls doesn't work but the ones under each mnufacturer do

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline neilh

• Members
Re: Stippled Plate ID request from a family in Sao Paulo
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:34:29 PM »
One of these popped up on ebay today - it's Westmoreland Princess Feather

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum