Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

The blue «thing» from Holmegaard (?) - ID = Kastrup - Holmegaard 'Puslerier'

(1/1)

glassmanet:
Hi community

I recently bought the blue “thing” shown in the picture(s) and it was sold as “Holmegaard” (in Denmark) but I can’t find any proof for it. At least the blue matches perfectly the blue of the Holmegaard gulvvaser (floor vases), so maybe it is Holmegaard. In fact, I cannot find anything about this “thing” and if anybody has an idea what the purpose of this thing is or could point towards a manufacturer, I’d be very grateful.

Best regards
Glassmanet

NevB:
My guess would be a bookend, or just an ornament, I can't help with the maker.

chopin-liszt:
Holmegaard did make green bottles with a vaguely similar sort of shape, I wouldn't rule them out. They were schnapps bottles and called "Hiverton"

https://www.20thcenturyglass.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9191

Pinkspoons:
It's a piece of the 'Puslerier' (Puzzles) series by Hjørdis Olsson and Charlotte Rude for Kastrup-Holmegaard in 1969. It was a series of different interlocking glass pieces that made vases, ashtrays, candlesticks, etc...

Your part is a vase missing a base.

flying free:
Nic thanks for identifying that.  I've never come across this design before.  It's fabulous.

m

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version