No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID bullet/dump shaped paperweight encased with green glass leaf /seaweed inside  (Read 1551 times)

Offline glassamore

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • antique/vintage glass
    • Kent, England, United Kindom
Hi all my wonderful knowledgeable friends on Glass Messages

I picked this nice paperweight up in a charity shop for a couple of pounds and before I add anything to my glass collection I always try and research the item so I know its pedigree.

This is a bullet / dump shaped paperweight. Measuring approx 13cms high x 4cms diameter at the base. the base is polished flat with no identification marks or stickers. Encased is a green organic plant leaf / seaweed shape. I can not tell if this is made of glass or it is encapsulated actual leaf structure but my guess is that it is glass.

Maker - designer - date? I would appreciate any pointers in identifying this lovely paperweight.

I have checked every image on paperweight.com and extensively on the net but not found a near match. I have another two paperweights I wish to find out designer maker date which I have added as separate topics.

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

With best regards

Gary - Glass Amore

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
I think this is a Strathearn Tropic made between 1973 and 1980. This is mine http://lustrousstone.co.uk/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=2498. (BTW, you can't enclose anything organic in molten glass: too hot)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassamore

• Members
    • antique/vintage glass
Thank you so much Christine - Once you know the name and makers you can find examples on the net. Yes, I now feel stupid saying inside could be organic material as the molten glass would disintegrate it. Thanks again for your knowledge - I learn so much on Glass Messages and people are so helpful such as yourself.
Thanks again
With best regards
Gary - Glass Amore

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassamore

• Members
    • antique/vintage glass
Thank you so much Christine - Once you know the name and makers you can find examples on the net. Yes, I now feel stupid saying inside could be organic material as the molten glass would disintegrate it. Thanks again for your knowledge - I learn so much on Glass Messages and people are so helpful such as yourself.
Thanks again
With best regards
Gary - Glass Amore

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand