Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Iittala Tapio red wine

(1/1)

Kevinthroop:
I recently purchased a set of three Iittala Tapio glasses, which are unlike the other vintage or new glasses that we have. I am wondering whether they are authentic.  In the attached image, the one on the right is one of our original, purchased in box, glasses. On the left is the one in question. There are ridges in the base of the glass in dispute, the bubble isn't as refined, and the shape of the glass doesn't match either.  Can anybody offer any advice?  Thank you

essi:
Welcome to the GMB Kevin.
Only an opinion, i think the quality control at Iittala is good and the differences you highlight seem to be above and beyond what they would release for sale.
I have bought secconds of Iittala glass in Finland and you could hardly tell them apart from the normal retail glass.
Also if you go to google images and look at your wine glasses i could not see any that had that ring type base.
Tim

Kevinthroop:
Thank you, Tim. I thought the same, but wasn't sure.  There are quite a few "inspired by" items out there.  This would have been quite a departure from the rest of the Tapio line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version