No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Webb Richardson Flute Cut Glasses  (Read 437 times)

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Webb Richardson Flute Cut Glasses
« on: February 18, 2023, 01:05:37 PM »
These 5 1/4" green glasses, I'm almost certain, are the 1095 pattern shown on P.47 Pl.32 of Hajdamach 1800-1914. They are described as having " 6 flutes". They are difficult to photo under UV but I believe the glow is strong enough to suggest they contain uranium. The date given is 1830's and that would be early for uranium glass so perhaps they are later. They are in near perfect condition with just a very fine ring of wear around the foot rims, the ground pontils are quite wide at 1 1/4".
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline neilh

• Members
Re: Webb Richardson Flute Cut Glasses
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 02:33:45 PM »
Looking through an early Percival Vickers pattern book which is full of stemware, there are several with the same type of stem. They tend to be earlier, perhaps 1845 to early 1850s, bearing in mind the factory opened in 1844. Each of them has 6 flutes of varying height on the glass. Not a direct match, but my point would be if all catalogues from this era had survived you would be looking at a few dozen near identical shapes and wondering which was yours.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Webb Richardson Flute Cut Glasses
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 05:43:41 PM »
Thanks Neil, as long as I got the date about right I don't mind too much who made them, but it would be nice to identify them.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand