No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Black Glass Panels marked A. Hunnebelle, Paris  (Read 10701 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Re: Large Black Glass Panels
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 03:15:48 AM »
Hi,
 Those panels are stunning and look to be in great condition. It is wonderful that even an image can give so much pleasure.
They are worth a lot of money and maybe a museum would be interested in acquiring them. Send some pics to the Corning Museum of Glass.
 Patrick.

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »
WOW!  :o Those are incredible. Let us know what you discover!
Shannon

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
Stunning!

Offline heavyd

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 07:23:06 PM »
The pictures do the panels no justice. They are absolutely amazing in person!!! The images are etched and sandblasted into the glass giving them a three dimensional feel.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Thank you for sharing these! Absolutely stunning and your photos well do them justice!  :clap:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:39 PM »
Hi HEAVYD . I have shown your panels to my Brother-in-law who lives in North Carolina and he thinks as we all do that they are amazing......
 It would be great if you could contact me via. my private message account , I would love to talk to you about them.
  Best wishes Patrick.

Offline heavyd

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 03:48:32 AM »
Email sent, Patrick.

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 05:36:54 AM »
They are fabulous! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Offline heavyd

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 10:23:46 PM »
Thank you all for your great comments!!! I have sent a few pictures to the Corning Museum. I have yet to hear back fom them yet.

Offline heavyd

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 09:05:19 PM »
Well, the Corning Museum was no great help. They told me that they had never seen large Hunebelle pieces like this before and that museum personnel cannot discuss value. I had also sent pictures to Christie's Auction House using their online appraisal form. They told me that they could not appraise the panels because they had never seen anything like them and have nothing to compare them to. Anybody have any other ideas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand