No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass goblet - ID = Molyneux Webb  (Read 431 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Pressed glass goblet - ID = Molyneux Webb
« on: May 06, 2023, 04:39:03 PM »
Any ideas who might have made this please?  :)
I've looked through my Lattimore and Hajdamach books and others without success, plus any links to Manchester glass companies (where I thought I might just find it) and others also without success. It has three mould seams on the base and lots of age related wear around the base rim, so I'm guessing it has some age.
Anne E.B

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: Pressed glass goblet.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 06:13:04 AM »
Looks like a pressed glass rummer to me ,depending on it’s size .I always think of them coming from the second half/late 19th century,probably made by a lot of the pressed glass manufactures ?They are great and I use the ones I find for a cold larger at gatherings .

Offline neilh

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 06:36:07 AM »
Looks like Molineaux Webb 726 to me
I have one, as does another goblet collector I know. In both cases we got a high density reading suggesting ours were made in the 1850 to 1865 period.
Not many goblets survive from that era.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 06:37:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies folks and for the identification.
It is identical to the drawing of the Molineaux Webb 726 :) and a lot older than I thought!  Its amazing to have survived that long without any damage.  However, it is a sturdy heavy piece and really comfortable to hold.  I found it in the same charity shop that I found my Thomas Gammon rummer some years ago, shown here https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,8995.msg77199.html#msg77199 
Cold lager sounds a very very good idea ;D
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand