Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > New Zealand & Australia Glass

LARGE LOLLIPOP VASE CONTROLLED BUBBLE BLACK WHITE SWIRLS - ID = Katie Brown, NZ

(1/1)

Leach54321:
This is a beautifully made studio glass vase - tall at approx 17.5" tall with a controlled bubble at the bottom and black with white swirls.  This lollipop shaped vase is signed to the base with a first name that looks to start with a K and ending perhaps with an i so something like Karli and the surname looks like Bier?  can anyone please help me identify the artist.  This is dated 2011.

Anne:
Hello and welcome to the board. Thank you for posting such super clear large photos of your vase, it's a lovely item. Sadly I don't recognise the signature but hopefully someone else will be able to help.

chopin-liszt:
 :) I had hoped I would be able to help, but I'm afraid not. I don't recognise the mark at all.
However, it does appear to have an O with a score through it over the marks - often a symbol added to indicate a second.
But it looks pretty good and well done for it to be something that was relegated. That alone might indicate a maker in a bigger factory with quality control measures in place?

NevB:
 By chance I saw this,Katie Brown glass, New Zealand, this one is on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225571223466?hash=item348517b7aa:g:nXMAAOSwW1VgsbpF&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8OBqYwk9uGnIJ3ACjoJGcP61MvEaQQ%2FoNov3DnCka2waoE%2FnCTG44F42Fp9ySddXBk124vnbnR%2Bx%2Bk794ReVkBIlH136EwjLfpmdDhYBg%2FsR0NHh1q6emJ%2FyEufbbfOzBJDscnwv5SDrGEK%2BsFEBCQklOozSzAGt3WC%2BbB6BBJ2e4bqX9iKUvmll3xbcYYeeJg4cf6Ft2%2FD6zyAEaIU9DOtNFJMRd78X1E%2Bd%2FMcwTUkYj4CyMUia6vjE6CxqAgu5t4h6f07oSzu6rSxAwIqip1quoWZ6iP5A2F6DQNYXH1F97C%2B%2FpcFfIcEFxsUyDkq3Wg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_SfnZ_KYg

chopin-liszt:
 ;D
And also quite by chance, I learned today that "Aroha", the name of the design, means love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version