No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Red numbered bowl,  (Read 2594 times)

Offline keez

• Members
    • Netherlands
    • https://www.etsy.com/shop/MidcenturyKCDesign
Re: Red numbered bowl, ID = Orrefors
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 05:44:04 PM »
I'm afraid I have to agree with you. I have looked at many old Orrefors - Vicke Lindstrand auction results over the past month and have also come to the conclusion that it is probably not his. The shape and so much color do not really fit in with his work from the 1930s. Most of it is clear glass with engravings and sparse minimal color. So I assume Kristina from Kosta Art Gallery was probably wrong.
I also found it strange that the bottom only has 3 scratches. There were some round felt pads underneath, but you would still expect some fine scratching.
What is it ?
I'm almost starting to think that it could well be a Leerdam unica, in terms of shape it could very well be Floris Meydam and the color is also known there.
I am not familiar with their signatures of unica pieces, usually you can see that they are Leerdam or initials of the designer.

Kees

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand