No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Fair Goodies  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Glass Fair Goodies
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2023, 08:22:39 AM »
What was the parking like? We were rather spoilt at the motorcycle museum, even when there was also a coin fair and an Indian wedding

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2023, 08:28:35 AM »
Parking was off site, local residential street for us.

The venue itself was a bit small, little room in the aisles but that did make for a more intimate setting.

Offline suzygpr

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2023, 04:10:03 PM »
Video of the glass fair, think there will be more vids posted on the you tube site Love Decanters as he edits the footage he has.
https://youtu.be/U9stB23kdeo?si=sKN-eC5LjmlVL94d

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 11:02:28 AM »
It sounds wonderful and I'm feeling a little bit envious of everyone meeting up :)  Christine I remember the wedding day!  It was fabulous.  Mind you I also got lost (even with friend in tow doing the directions) and almost ended up touring Coventry  before finding the Motorcycle museum.

Suzy they are fab purchases.  I love the Karlin Rushbrooke piece best but the iow perfume top pic is beautiful.

Thanks so much for the video link :)  really lovely to watch.

m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 05:37:21 PM »
 ;D I remember the wedding and the coin collector who joined us at lunchtime to see what it was we were all up to.  8)
And Christine, having to drive back afterwards as the sun goes down, it shining directly into her eyes, making the drive back an absolute nightmare for her after the exciting day, while I got to admire all the Powelly opalescent glass colours in the sky.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 05:45:20 PM »
I bought some lovely Stevens and Williams alabaster at that fair.  So did friend.  Hers are glorious lidded pots, one puce and one yellow.  Gorgeous.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand