No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Antique Cut glass Two Piece Standing Bowl For Show :)  (Read 213 times)

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Antique Cut glass Two Piece Standing Bowl For Show :)
« on: December 08, 2023, 03:00:14 PM »
found this lovely piece of cut glass in an antique/charity shop recently it has some small
blemishes on one fan cut rim and one on the oval cut circular cut base but all in all really
good condition:) The piece is nice and sharp to the touch on the cutting and is not as bright as
it may appear in some pictures it also has considerable wear to the oval base cutting which it sits.
The majority is Hob Nail type cutting and fan cut rim often associated with Irish pieces. I like the
central cutting which is raised in a dome this sits into the stand and fits perfectly like a socket.
The bowl measures 26 x 23 cm and was quite expensive as my purchases go anyway i love it and
have always wanted to find a two piece bowl anyway. :)
Thanks for looking all the best

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: Antique Cut glass Two Piece Standing Bowl For Show :)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 03:31:28 PM »
Looks the ticket , I can imagine it would look great with candles around and a festive spread !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Re: Antique Cut glass Two Piece Standing Bowl For Show :)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 07:21:30 PM »
Certainly does look like it will be a superb table center although it might
become a little expensive to keep it filled with fruit :) Think your right it would
look lovely lit with candles, Can almost taste the stuffing and cranberry sauce.
 :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand