No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pair of baluster shape cut glass perfume bottles.  (Read 275 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Pair of baluster shape cut glass perfume bottles.
« on: January 10, 2024, 07:38:40 PM »
New additions to my little collection - this lovely pair of matching baluster shape cut glass (? crystal) perfume bottles.  Unfortunately they didn't come with their stoppers and it would be interesting to know what they would have looked like.  They stand 5.5 inches high and are quite heavy (360g) with a solid hexagonal shape glass stem.  Lots of nice detail, the names of which I'm not too familiar with, but I do like the cut design on alternate sides of the stem which almost look like a sawtooth(?) pattern.  No markings. 
Any ideas how old they might be or where they originated from would be very much welcome.
TIA :)

I will try to upload a better image tomorrow.
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Pair of baluster shape cut glass perfume bottles.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 08:51:44 PM »
the little cuts remind me of those on the stems of some Val St Lambert glasses and also I think Saint-Louis. Early 1900s for the goblets I think.
Otherwise it reminds me a bit of a cut perfume bottle I had which had been cut over a pulled feathered glass effect bottle.  I think it was suggested that was probably Victorian.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 01:46:16 PM »
 :-* Thanks for that.  I'll widen my search.  Hopefully this better(?) image will upload...  They are really difficult to photograph as there is a lot of cut pattern detail.
Anne E.B

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 02:03:18 PM »
if you look up Acid etched ST Louis art nouveau goblet or Val ST Lambert acid etched wine glass roemer goblet, something like that, some examples of the little cuts will come up I think

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 04:05:18 PM »
Will do :)

Correction:  should be octagonal shape stem, not hexagonal ::)
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand