Glass Mall > Glass Market Place

stopper decanter

(1/2) > >>

mark:
hi all, i need the stopper for Danish or Swedish kluk kluk rhe painted type decanter ships scenes fishing ,it is a odd shape stopper, i have posted the decanter in glass id section, thank you

mark:
this is the decanter that I need the original stopper for , thank you in advance

mark:
i suppose it will take a while but one day

Ekimp:
Hi, even if you find a stopper the correct style, you’ll be very lucky if it fits properly as they are hand made and the pegs all different sizes. If you are sold one at distance, I doubt you’ll know if it’ll fit until you try it, even if the seller carefully measures it. If a stopper’s peg is too big, you could get it ground to fit but would probably be expensive.

You might find something cheap and suitable at markets/antique fairs - sometimes sellers have a box of loose decanter stoppers that you could try.

Mosquito:
Some glass restorers keep a stock of stoppers and can grind them to fit. It's also possible to have a new stopper made, though it's likely to be costly. I know Facets Glass (https://facetsglass.co.uk/miscellaneous) claim to be able to source stoppers. Alternatively, a metal and cork stopper would at least get the decanter back to being functional.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version