No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Weird glass bottle or brilliant piece of art?  (Read 342 times)

Offline Lapimano

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Hungary
Weird glass bottle or brilliant piece of art?
« on: January 16, 2024, 05:53:49 PM »
Hi,

I bought this piece of strange glass online for about 10 dollars in hope that I'm making the deal of my life, and someday this will sell for millions on an auction.
Was I wrong?

This is a small bottle covered in what looks like broken pieces of newspaper, or book pages. I recognised a few syllables, and the writing seems to be in Hungarian (I'm also from Hungary, and I bought it here.) The stopper seems to be carved from light wood into the shape of some tribal style head. The glass itself is a modern piece, and press molded.

Anyways, I would like to identify it, but google image search did not help me on this one.
Has anyone seen anything like this? I know this is a hard request, so I don't have too much hope that this will ever be solved.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Weird glass bottle or brilliant piece of art?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 06:18:08 PM »
I would have bought it, really like it.

I don't think you will identify it from the glass, maybe to 'ordinary' - more of an everyday item. Your best bet might be through artistic style, try and find something that reminds you of it. Easy for me to say! Would love to know if you do ever find out more.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lapimano

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Hungary
Re: Weird glass bottle or brilliant piece of art?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 09:06:06 PM »
Thanks, glad you also liked it.

I will check back later if I ever manage to identify it. There is a chance I will come across the artist at some point, since I'm only a beginner in collecting glass, and there is a lot of items that might be common, and still I haven't seen yet.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand