No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 1950's Pressed glass clear and blue. Czech or WaltherGlas ? Lens-vase-like(ish)  (Read 157 times)

Offline rberthon

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • France
Hi,

First post on the forum !
I bought this vase, heavy (2 kg, up to 24 cm height, 16 cm max diameter). Pressed glass for sure, probably 1950's. It looks a bit like the famous Rosice's lens vase but it is 2 colored : blue and clear. Inside there is a kind of 4-petal blue flower pattern and the rest is clear. The seller told me it is a Rudolf Hlousek vase from Zelezny but I find it unlikely. Rosice is also a possibility but I could not find this model in catalogues. I found the same vase on another online shop. They claimed it as a Walther-Glas. It is true that I saw online a few bowls (authentified by a WaltherGlas sticker) with the same blue-clear pattern. But couldn't find this vase model in the catalogues I could access to.
I really like the design of this vase and I would be happy to have a model name and designer name if possible. Many thanks in advance

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rberthon

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • France
Hi,

I looked again at the pictures online, and I realized that the seller describing this vase as a Walther-Glas actually has actually the original box with the name of the brand on the background  :-[ (feeling a bit ashamed). Still I can't find this model in the catalogues I had access to.
If someone could point me at a catalogue page, or provide me with the model name and production years, I thank you very much in advance

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand