Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Incredible Loetz (?) Vase

(1/3) > >>

Tipton444:
Hello all!

Am I correct in thinking this could be a Loetz vase?  I'm trying to find out more about it, and all I know is that it was in the family for a while.  Is the color considered "Blue Opal?"  There are no signatures.  Was this style copied a lot?  Thanks for the help!

Eric

Tipton444:
I'm very sorry, I just realized I wasn't supposed to put an identification request in this section.  I'm not sure how to delete it if that is possible, can a mod move this thread?  Thanks, my apologies.

Eric

NevB:
I'm not an expert but it appears to be the Argus pattern shown in this link, in the Loetz Visual Decor Index. There are also other vases in the Loetz section with a similar shape.

http://kralik-glass.com/frametemplate.html

Tipton444:
Thanks NevB, that definitely helps!  A great resource I wasn't aware of as well, appreciate it.  Anyone else agree that its Loetz?  I'm far from an expert, but love learning.

chopin-liszt:
Hi and welcome, Tipton444.  :)
You can report yourself to a moderator to get the thread shifted if you like. There's a wee bit at the bottom right hand side of every post to click on.
Don't worry about it - they're all lovely and none of them bite.  ;D
Your vase is gorgeous, but I don't know if it is Loetz. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, the quality looks good enough, but there are other fabulous makers. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version