No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help me ID this swung vase  (Read 318 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Please help me ID this swung vase
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 10:03:19 AM »
Just to add around a year ago, I came across a very similar piece, possibly a black example from memory which had a made in China label attached to the base.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline crystavon

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • Cape Coral, FL, USA
Re: Please help me ID this swung vase
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 04:57:40 PM »
A very left field suggestion - Aseda  similar to this Decanter by them.

Ross

I have found a few other examples of pieces that have a similar design. Fenton piece is the same color and pattern, less the opalescent and skill. There were some owls with the same tooling on the body. And I found the artist/vase you shared. I just know I was not on the right track when I came here. I still love the vase and it now is displayed in my kitchen. Next to the another (I am assuming Chinese vase), a stunning Houze vase, a reproduction jadeite hand, a Smith compote, Avon bottle shaped like a rino, a vintage Fiesta gravy boat, chipped McCoy vase and a Northwood bowl. I am working on having a rainbow in my kitchen lol. Mainly anything to hide that wallpaper that I am not looking forward to taking down. It Is all crammed together right now because I am trying to thin out some pieces and need to see what colors I am lacking and what colors I need more of. So as you can see, I am not about the brand, I am just a collector of all things I find pretty or ridiculous (since the rhinoceros) be it pottery, glass or copper.  (Edited to correct the autocorrect of Houze)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand