No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Harrods glass Cocktail mats harlequin colours - Chance Glass  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Pinky

• Members
Harrods glass Cocktail mats harlequin colours - Chance Glass
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 01:03:43 AM »
...hallo again....little mats, Wrightoutlook, found in a church bazaar, charity shop or car boot sale - three frequent haunts of a friend who'd subsequently stowed the items in a drawer and forgot about them for a long time. She was having a clear-out recently so I bought them from her. The camera has flattered them somewhat::)) - they're smaller than the pictures and show signs of their age. The one you describe as burgundy looks darker in this light - during sunnier days it can look quite a vivid red. Contacted Harrods today and was delighted to find they have an archive section. Unfortunately, manifests, bills, paperwork etc dating back to the 50s have, by and large, been discarded. There may yet exist old catalogues in which the mats may be pictured but the manufacturers not necessarily stated. I shall now wait and see and will keep you notified. Best Pinky

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
more to come I gather
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 02:22:02 AM »
Thanks for your follow-up Pinky. I hope a lot of information finds its way to you. Part of the thrill of the hunt is gathering details about the discovery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand