No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any help on this Wolf  (Read 104 times)

Offline dvdskilton

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
Any help on this Wolf
« on: April 02, 2024, 01:27:33 PM »
any ideas on the maker

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Any help on this Wolf
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 02:15:34 PM »
Looks a bit like my greenish terrier, both in design and finish and size - which is from Skansen Glasbruk in Sweden.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline neilh

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 05:04:22 PM »
Aha, another one we're researching as part of work on a Manchester glass book. We're a lot less sure on this one. We have density tested them all and this dog comes out at the highest value. There is some question as to whether any of these were originally candy containers with a card flap on the bottom, or what is the date range. My current thinking - subject to change - is this probably dates from about 1910-1940. If it is a Manchester maker, Burtles Tate would be the best guess - they made various things in black glass and at higher densities.
However it's a puzzler and I wouldn't want to put forward any attribution with confidence at the moment, would be interested in other opinions on this one.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline dvdskilton

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 04:31:17 AM »
Good morning all
thank you for the help these came from an auction house pretty close to Manchester.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand