Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Unmarked uranium dish

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ivo:
Too heavy, monochrome.

ahremck:
I agree extremely unlikley to be Murano - they rarely use colour in that way. 

My thought is that it may be Czech in origin.

Seeing it has markings lets see if you can gey a useful photo.  It often is not helpful to photo the marks square on as the unternal shapes tens to distort things.  Ditto flash is rarely helpful.  One way is to take it outside and with the sun behind you take a very shallow photo of the base.  The base should be light as it reflects the sky, the writing will be dark as the light does not reflect.  The benefit is that distortion can't happen nor do unwanted reflections in most caes.  Here is an example where I used this strategy and got nice sharp details.  You may need to try several times to get a focussed picture.  Another common trap is to try and get too close and that gets out of focus.  A well focused photo can be blown up many times and still be useful.

Good luck, Ross

Zender:
Here is a first attempt at a picture of the signature. It's very, very faint and damaged.

NevB:
I think it reads Vallerysthal the French company. Try searching Vallerysthal art glass.

NevB:
These pieces appear to have a similar mark.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/Lot-of-Vallerysthal-Art-Glass-Uranium-Glass-Vases-300-c-FF343AF8F0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version