No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Figural Sowerby English Centerpiece?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline swanant

• Members
Large Figural Sowerby English Centerpiece?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 11:03:59 PM »
Hi g-m-a
Another thread to ponder on your wonderful flower set, I had a set very similar in satin pink, the figerine the same but the bowl did not have any decoratoin around the edge.  The dome in the centre had a light fitted under the base also the top had a round frog grid over all the surface.
       The bowl had Reg: No. 749772   Date: 4-11-1929.
             Registered by L.Cohen
I hope this is helpful or not, lets hope we get there in the end.
 swanant.
i,
I have worked in horticulture all my working life,
retiering in my 50,s but then had a partenship in a antique centre for 10 years then retiered again. I am now still a collector and a part time dealer in glass as Swanspool Antiques
        Roger

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Large Figural Sowerby English Centerpiece?
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 12:51:52 AM »
Roger I was fortunate enough to have Sue (Blackpoppy) email me with documentation of this being Mueller & they made several versions & even one using a different figurine (they used more than one) so they odds would seem to favor yours being Mueller.  Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand