Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Czechoslovakian pressed cup but who?

(1/1)

Sklounion:
Hi,
A delightful inter-war cup from Czechoslovakia, with four feet, three of which have raised lettering. The lettering is part of the base-plate of the mould. Not common, and Siegmar Geiselberger has not come across an example so marked.

Any ideas please?

TIA,

Regards,

Marcus

Sklounion:
I recently saw two similar items offered by a UK seller. No marks to the feet, and a confident assertion that these appear in the Brockwitz catalogues. I remain sceptical, as I was unable to find them. Was I in error?
Regards,
Die Manne ohne Eigenschaften

Mosquito:
Marcus,

I'm fairly certain Brockwitz did not make this pattern. I've had a quick look through the 1929, '31 and '41 Brockwitz catalogues and cannot find this particular design.

Steven

Sklounion:
Hi,
Do these appear in the Stölzle catalogues? I ask as I have just received a glass bowl with a similar style of feet, made by Hermanova hut', but after WWII, rather than between the wars, and unmarked.
TIA for your help.
Regards,
Marcus

Ambergreen:
I have something very similar, although my dish/bowl doesn't appear as deep as yours. It is quite a broad bowl, measuring 12.5cm from rim to rim (not incl. handle). I'll be very interested to see what everyone comes up with :D

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4850

Cheers,
Lyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version