No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any Finnish Glass Collectors Recognize this Cream & Suga  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Painter1959

• Members
Me again with more questions on the Nanny Still Harlekiini
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 04:04:53 PM »
Again my thans to all who have helped me with improving both my knowledge and appreciation of Finnish design. I have now added Finland to the top of places I must visit.  I suppose life is a bit like treasure hunting, you never know what you will find.  In my case, my health has deteriorated over the past several months and I am now unable to work. Quite a change for someone who has held the same job for over 30 years. If I were to to sell off my Harlekiini sugar bowl and creamer and Tapio Wirkkala pieces, would I be best served be using an auction house? I've already had an estimation on them by Bergmans of Heilsinki and they at one time they did express an interest. I do sell on e-bay, but for the last year, e-bay has been more of a dissappointment. For the Nanny Still collectors, I notice that my creamer has an air bubble in the glass...how does this affect the purity/value of the piece?  I appreciate any thought you may have.  I have never consigned anything to auction so this would all be new to me.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline alexander

• Members
Any Finnish Glass Collectors Recognize this Cream & Suga
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 05:25:09 PM »
Hi, I saw a Tapio bowl like yours go for about £300 (more or less, can't
remember exact price) at a scandinavian auction site (www.lauritz.com)
This site sometimes has real bargains, today an inciso vase signed by
Alfredo Barbini went for about £90.

Barbini

I dunno how much these go for on ebay but probably less?
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand