No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bond Ware Japan.  (Read 10375 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Bond Ware Japan.
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:53:18 PM »
Frank - you previously suggested a new topic thread for Bond Ware Japan. Here it is belatedly.  The blue vase on the far right has been identified as Bond Ware Japan by Ian (redheat4), who has two with labels.  These were also shown in the earlier thread.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/mixed020.jpg.

I came across this today which I think might possibly also be Bond Ware.  This is larger at just over 4" high, with coloured enamel(?) which doesn't scratch off and 3 mold lines.  The base is very similar to the base that Ian showed.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?   (I know... it's gross!)  I'm not sure if this is meant to be a votive too.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/miscel-9.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/miscel-10.jpg

Anne E.B

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: Bond Ware Japan.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 10:01:19 AM »
well the colours are quite Christmassy, so you could use it in the window with a candle in it... ???

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
Anne, that is the strangest combination i have ever seen, Chinese? night light? :-\

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 02:56:29 PM »
It reminds me of a very similar-style porch lamp that we had when I was small. I think the black on that was metalwork with the coloured glass inserts - they were very popular at one time I think?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 06:50:55 PM »
I knew I'd seen these Bond Ware pieces with added colour in the past, and found this today, this time with 'JAPAN' on the base. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/miscel-17.jpg
Anne E.B

Offline hiabex

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • identification of glass
    • Bath UK
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »
Thanks for responding. It seems when I look online, there appear to be two lines of identification. Many list the jars as SKLO Union, a few list as 'Bond ware' - If I've learnt anything over the last few days of hunting, its that the glass is both described as 'Knobbly' and 'Pressed' - your suggestion also lead to the discovery that a very similar item in blue is described as 'Dalek' :D

I feel certain that If I knew exactly what it was called, I'd find a larger selection of the pots (and hopefully one like my late Grandmother's) for sale.

I'm only slightly concerned about it being of Japanese origin as this would complicate things, trying to track one down factoring in the identifying name being potentially twisted by translation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand