Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Handkerchief vase with dog rose = Bagley

(1/1)

liberty1:
Hello  I have an icicle/bark handkerchief vase which has a dog rose embossed on base. Does anyone have a clue as to the maker I have tried the usual sites  but so far no luck and it is so frustrating.
I don't think the vase is very oldbut I have run out of ideas :(

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Doris

Frank:
Forgot the picture link?

Leni:
Sounds like a subject which was discussed a while ago on the board.  I think it was decided that the Tudor Rose symbol was used by Bagley or the firm which took them over, Rockware.  Is the rose like this? http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/Tudor_Rose_candle_holder_base.jpg

liberty1:
es Leni mine seems very similar to yours I have looked up previous discussions no wonder I couldn't find anything I was looking under Dog Rose(plonker!)
I first thought Scandi then the rose put me off and I thought it must be English it is a nice piece of glass and I wouldn't say mine was yellowy but not bright crystal.
Good to know its Bagley
Thanks all
Doris.

PS Still trying to work out the pictures link

sph@ngw:
They did market a range late Sixties early Seventies under the name Tudor Rose (or was it White Rose for Yorkshire as bagleys and Rockware were niot very upmarket names! ?). I had a catalogue but donated it to the Broadfield House Museum Kingswinford ,so ask Roger Dodsworth!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version