No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Engraved W mark - Czech? German?  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Engraved W mark - Czech? German?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 10:11:30 PM »
Heidi, thanks for taking a look at this thread.  :D I did consider Wiener Werkstatte during my investigation into the markings, but didn't really draw any conclusions, more's the pity.  I still feel there's a Czech flavour with this piece...I'm slowly building up a collection of figurative engraved pieces and hoping to find some common denominators amongst them - an almost impossible task I think.   :-\ 

I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »
Hi Max,

I missed the cup/trophy, but, take a look at the letter engraving on the Czech Treat thread. Could this be an M? rather than VV or W? Medek?

regards,

Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 10:23:41 PM »
I missed the cup/trophy, but, take a look at the letter engraving on the Czech Treat thread. Could this be an M? rather than VV or W? Medek?

Yes, I saw your posting Marcus, that's disappointing to say the least.  It's a great shame for the museum.   :'(

My paperweights' mark is definitely an interlocked double V or a W.  For it to be an 'M', the motorbike would be displayed upside down.   :)  I like your thinking though! 

I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand