No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czechoslovakian pressed cup but who?  (Read 1476 times)

Sklounion

Czechoslovakian pressed cup but who?
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:47:38 AM »
Hi,
A delightful inter-war cup from Czechoslovakia, with four feet, three of which have raised lettering. The lettering is part of the base-plate of the mould. Not common, and Siegmar Geiselberger has not come across an example so marked.

Any ideas please?

TIA,

Regards,

Marcus

Sklounion

Re: Czechoslovakian pressed cup but who?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:28:14 PM »
I recently saw two similar items offered by a UK seller. No marks to the feet, and a confident assertion that these appear in the Brockwitz catalogues. I remain sceptical, as I was unable to find them. Was I in error?
Regards,
Die Manne ohne Eigenschaften

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »
Marcus,

I'm fairly certain Brockwitz did not make this pattern. I've had a quick look through the 1929, '31 and '41 Brockwitz catalogues and cannot find this particular design.

Steven

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 10:22:02 AM »
Hi,
Do these appear in the Stölzle catalogues? I ask as I have just received a glass bowl with a similar style of feet, made by Hermanova hut', but after WWII, rather than between the wars, and unmarked.
TIA for your help.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Ambergreen

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 11:05:36 AM »
I have something very similar, although my dish/bowl doesn't appear as deep as yours. It is quite a broad bowl, measuring 12.5cm from rim to rim (not incl. handle). I'll be very interested to see what everyone comes up with :D

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4850

Cheers,
Lyn
Cheers,
Lyn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand