Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Turquoise/white cased vase with 'snowflake' pattern = OPALINA FIORENTINA

<< < (3/3)

flying free:
The seller has kindly given permission for her photo to be used and sent me the photo.  The vase this is on is a yellow version of the teal blue one at the top of this thread and the same vase as green one I have.
h/w attached.

glassobsessed:
Also on a large Snowflake vase, this time green.

John

Officinaquack:
Lavorato a Mano -> Hand made

inexpertewan:
This is "Snowflake", "Opalina Fiorentina" by Stelvia, Empoli glass. I have seen its design attributed to both Wayne Husted and Carlo Moretti. I've sought a clarification from Wayne Husted's website which has an interesting account of his time with Stelvia that discusses and illustrates his "Antigua" range from the early '60s and how it was made. "Antigua" did not include this design.

inexpertewan:
Embarrassingly, having landed in Husted's blog via a link on a Search Engine: I hadn't realised he had died about fifteen years ago. I thought he must be an advanced age and was remarkable to still be blogging. I couldn't find a way to delete or rephrase my request to "him" (it should have been to the site's webmaster).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version