No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Elme or Murano - can you help?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Elme or Murano - can you help?
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 10:09:59 PM »
I think that the reason Emmi's vase and mine look different with regard to the vibrancy of the colours is down to the lighting - my vase was photographed under bright lights whereas Emmi's photo looks like it was taken in daylight.  My vase is definitely very true to the photograph - it's extremely bright and lairy  ;D  I think we're safe in saying that we all pretty much agree that the peacock vases were definitely Elme - how safe therefore is it to say that my vase and Emmi's with the white necks and slanted striping across the body are also Elme based purely on the colour and finish?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 10:32:16 PM »
Mine is very crisp and vibrant ......my photo is rubbish taken without too much care when I first got my camera 2 years ago, just for my personal records and not for selling purposes.  Can't do a new one as it is not to hand, but have just washed the Peacock and from memory, the two have practically identical orange colours.  My vase similar to Pip's under discussion has quite a high shine, very smooth finish, feels "cold" to the touch, if you know what I mean, and I would agree they appear to be by the same maker.  What more can I say?  Emmi

PS When I purchased this vase, I thought it may be Italian!!!!! But never thought to try to get an attribution as I just liked it for what it is.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »
Pip, did you come to a conclusion on this vase? I'd be interested to know.  Emmi

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 06:47:40 PM »
Well Emmi, I'm pretty certain based on what I've seen on eBay, on other websites and what's been said on here and who has said it that both our vases are Elme. I relayed this information to my buyer but he's still not at all convinced and when I pointed him in the direction of the one with the label that Sue posted the link for I was disappointed that he thinks the label has been affixed and isn't correct!  The buyer is a serious collector and I wouldn't like to just dismiss his viewpoint - I've given him the link to this discussion hoping he'll join up and get stuck into the debate but I think he's away at the moment.  Anyway, to answer your question - no I'm none the wiser really!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 06:23:31 PM »
I've seen a fair few of the 'peacock' patterned range with either Elme or 'Made In Sweden' labels, including my own piece.

Several instances of unrelated sellers in more than one country passing off the same design with erroniously attached labels from a relatively unknown glassworks isn't terribly likely in my opinion... for what it's worth.

I hope he joins in the tussle too, though.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand