No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther Deco centrepieces  (Read 6341 times)

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Re: Walther Deco centrepieces
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:03:20 AM »
No worries at all.

You might be right saying that those rarer Walther pieces like Petri, Haarlem, Victoria comport are easier to find in Australia than in Europe coz a few collectors here I know (including myself) owned a Haarlem centrepiece with the right Groningen bowl and A couple of collectors had the Victoria comport Also,  I've seen a couple of Paradies comport in green. You do have something rare and spectacular, and did you miss out naming your spectacular pink Arabella lamp and the amber Lowen clock? :)....I am still looking for these pieces myself.

I hope oneday you'll find the Petri for your collection.....Good luck and all the best
Cheers....Brenton 

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
Wow!
I would love the Victoria comport and Haarlem myself one day!
Yes I forgot about the Arabella and Lowen I remembered when I went upstairs and saw them on the display shelves!
I have the pink Astoria pot and green Xenia trinket pot also which are seldom seen so I suppose I should be happy with what I have so far lol
Take care Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
A couple of months ago, there was one Victoria comport listed on ebay Australia in amber colour....the buyer won the item for $120.....I spent most of my time browsing for new listing but I missed this one :(.....The seller was a new member, and didn't list it in the right category...so the buyer was very happy with the purchase.
Item number # 160571243633 or
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160571243633

Glad its not in green, blue or pink......although even amber, its still a spectacular centrepiece.

Cheers
Brenton

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
Now I am depressed! lol
That is one stunning comport! I adore amber glass and I bet that would look stunning with the sun shining through it.
I believe that the buyer has a wonderful collection of Walther glass and this would be a great addition to their Walther.That's another piece I will have to ask my contacts to look out for!
I was surprised when I first got my pink Paradies comport that the matching bowl was a pegged bowl....I had always assumed it was just a regular flat bowl that slotted on top.It's lovely with the pelicans resting in the straw around the bowl.I know Mark Rodda has the same in green so that would be amazing to see.
Amber is my 2nd favourite colour in Walther green being my favourite.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »
Most collectors would prefer green Uranium as their number one choice. Amber seems to be least favourite amongst collectors here in Australia not sure in the UK.....Amber pieces are not as expensive as Uranium for sure. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand