Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

A new area for me

<< < (2/2)

Max:
Argh! The very first time I dare voice an opinion, and I'm shot down in flames!   :lol:

--- Quote ---Ivo said:  would guess Belgian, not Czech. Sure it looks like Murano, but a lot of these thickwalled sommerso ashtrays and drawn out fruit dishes were actually made in Belgium in the 50s and 60s. Companies like Boussu, Val St. Lambert and Doyen Havre have made these in huge quantities.
--- End quote ---

I've been thinking this shape and colouring is Czech for years!  So I've definitely been wrong all that time then?  Sorry to be pedantic, I'm just preparing to re-shuffle my mental files.  lol

Max xx

Ivo:
Thickwalled item of course? Quite likely the result of temperature difference - out of the airplane hold straight into the heated sorting office straight into the unheated van and  :!:  KEPLING  :!:  another one bites the dust.  Sorry, Leni  :( . Your Tutti Frutti bowl looks like the real article. I have a large oval one in precisely that colour - we call it the catsick bowl.   8)

--- Quote from: Max ---Argh! The very first time I dare voice an opinion, and I'm shot down in flames!   :lol:  (..) I've been thinking this shape and colouring is Czech for years!  So I've definitely been wrong all that time then?  Sorry to be pedantic, I'm just preparing to re-shuffle my mental files.  lol
Max xx
--- End quote ---

You may have been right on many occasions - just this particular one whispers "Doyen".  Maybe it is Murano after all, or Austrian, or German or Canadian - I think these pieces relate more to taste period (late 50s, 60s) than to a specific manufacturer and they're hard to attribute - unless they are stickered.....

Leni:

--- Quote from: "Ivo" ---Thickwalled item of course? Quite likely the result of temperature difference - out of the airplane hold straight into the heated sorting office straight into the unheated van and  :!:  KEPLING  :!:  another one bites the dust.  Sorry, Leni  :(
--- End quote ---

No Ivo, it was posted within the UK - another goal for the Royal Mail football team I guess  :evil:

--- Quote --- Your Tutti Frutti bowl looks like the real article. I have a large oval one in precisely that colour - we call it the catsick bowl.   8)
--- End quote ---

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   I know exactly what you mean!  I think my son would agree with the description!  He hated it instantly!  - But then he hates everything I buy - he's a Ultiliarian  :roll:  

I just about get away with flower vases, provided I intend to use them - but he wants to know why do I need more than one?  Or two at most?  And I love to drink out of beautiful glasses, whereas he thinks an old plastic beaker is just as good!   :shock:  How did I raise such a Philistine?  

BTW here's a pic of the broken bowl, taken for the insurance claim - not that I can bear to look at it   :cry:

http://tinypic.com/1rer6u

Leni

taylog1:
Try here for a serious collection of Chalet glass

http://www.mblaisgallery.com/dynamic/artists/Chalet_Art_Glass.asp

Taylog1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version