No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaards Glasvaerk & Holmegaards Stentoj  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Holmegaards Glasvaerk & Holmegaards Stentoj
« on: February 04, 2007, 05:11:01 AM »
Bit of an obscure one...

Does anybody know if there was a company link between Holmegaard Glass and Holmegaard Stoneware, or did they just happen to be located in the same place? I've found a few (and it really is just a few) vague references online to Holmegaards Stentoj, and it's always invariably to do with Arne Bang and they usually mention the glassworks in the same breath. But there's nothing with any dates or solid information of any use.

And, annoyingly, any data I did have got lost on my recently deceased hard drive (RIP)! The only reference I can find now is this auction:

AUCTION

Any clues? Does anybody have a copy of Robin Hecht's "Scandinavian Art Pottery" to hand, as mentioned in the auction?

Hopefully this qualifies as a main board glass question, even though it's mostly to do with pottery....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Holmegaards Glasvaerk & Holmegaards Stentoj
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »
Seems they have more Arne... http://www.gravy.dk/pottery.html

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaards Glasvaerk & Holmegaards Stentoj
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »
There are some very nice pieces on that site. Arne Bang pottery is generally out of my price range, though.  :(

But I got in touch with the seller, and apparently they are one and the same company.

Well I never.

Although the time around when the statuette in the auction was made does tie in with when Holmegaard's glass was struggling in the international market, so it could have been an attempt to broaden their customer base. I'll have to see if there's anything I can dig up.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand