No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Asian (Chinese) glass...  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Ming

• Members
Re: Asian (Chinese) glass...
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 03:56:07 AM »
These glass bottles are definitely Chinese. The marking on the base said so. Being Chinese l able to read the markings ;Emperor Kuang Hsu(1875-) and other is Kin Loong(around 1720-).  If you look at the markings carefully one would notice they were written by the same person(yet there should be over 100 year difference). May be it is easiler for me to see it than some of you. My conclusion are both bottles are made by same company in the 20th c somewhere in China or Hong Kong.
Never walk away from a bargain

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Piper

• Members
Re: Asian (Chinese) glass...
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 04:37:59 AM »
Thank you for confirming my suspicion Ming. I know that I should probably be unhappy to find out that the marks on my bottles are misleading (to say the least). But you wouldn't believe what a relief it is to know that I came to the right conclusion about them: That they were made, or at least signed by the same person which means that the marks on bottom have to be fake because they are of two different dynasties. Even if I didn't have both these bottles I would still have known that the mark on the older bottle is fake because the color of the mark is all wrong. Not too long ago they would have fooled me completely. It's a good thing to know that I have some knowledge and that I applied it correctly.
Never trade a diamond for a brick. No matter how bad you need a brick.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand