No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Claude Morin Art Glass Vases  (Read 4008 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Claude Morin Art Glass Vases
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:20:56 PM »
A few years ago I was lucky enough to find a Jean Claude Novaro Glass Bowl or Coupe at a local auction, a few months later I also found a very tall large Novaro perfume type bottle which also came with a number of other Vases, 3 of the Vases were all signed Morin and dated about 1982, one being nicer than the other 2 various colours and gold, the other 2 were relegated to the garden shed as just  some 1980's art glass, I have just recently been trying to research the Morin ones , I believe he is Claude Morin and works in France, from the small amount of information I have found on the internet I beginning to think he maybe quite famous or collected, also did he have any links with Jean Claude Novaro and is he a collectable name, are they worth keeping or should I sell them

regards roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

Re: Claude Morin Art Glass Vases
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 06:21:22 AM »
Claude and Florence Morin are seen here as significant members of the studio glass movement, alongside Novaro and,the Monods at Biot.

The date is mid period, studio set up in 1969, and Claude and Florence may have retired in the early 1990's, as the studio was /is? run by a son.

http://etudesdromoises.free.fr/pages/pages_revue/resumes_d_articles/le_pontil.htm

As to collectability. you need to ask the studio glass collectors..... and as usual, I do not comment on possible value.

Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:41 AM »
The pinkish jam-jar vase looks to be exquisite... can you do a picture on a plain background, it is very hard to make out even the colour.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »
I could do with an indoor photo studio really , 2 more pictures 1st indoor with flash and 2nd outdoors, the vase is  more amethyst I believe, it stands 8.5" and weighs just over 1kg

Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand