Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Monart mushroom lamp

(1/1)

Margaret:
Hi
I have come across a Monart mushroom lamp and am concerned in case it is a fake. There is no sticker and the pontil is completely ground down into a smooth depression similar to what I have seen on Whitefriars glass. The glass is a light green colour with pale yellow,  and has gold inclusions. The shade is held in place on a fitting with adjustable arms with screws as I have seen on your website. It has a glass base and shade and looks very similar to the lamp on your Monart lighting page under the heading P23 Pedestal base.
I would be grateful for your comments as soon as possible.
Many thanks
Margaret

Bernard C:
Margaret,

I presume your query is aimed at Frank.   If so, you could help him a great deal by providing several photographs of all the salient features of this mushroom lamp.

If you are not sure how to do this, please ask, and you will find that help is forthcoming.

Bernard C  8)

Frank:
Hi Margaret,

The P23 base has an applied feet and these always were ground out underneath. I would need to see a picture to be clear. You can see some of the fake mushroom lamps on this page Fake Ysart Glass. I have not yet heard of a fake with a screw fitting so that is a good indicator.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version