No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hadeland - the poor relation?  (Read 21123 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Re: Hadeland - the poor relation?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »
Am putting shoes on and will (hopefully) be able to show it to you later!
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 04:52:31 PM »
Am back - gleefully clutching Decanter.  Here are some quick snaps - I will post some better pictures once I've washed it and removed the piece of Daily Telegraph from inside!

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10086/smallerDSCN0788.jpg

Mark to bottom :
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10086/smallerDSCN0790%7E0.jpg

Mark on stopper (very hard to photograph - I think it might be Hd or HdL)
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10086/smallerDSCN0791%7E0.jpg

Alexander - I thought about the signature bit on the drive over to fetch it.  If the designer's initials usually go on a piece, but the piece is a copy of a 19th Century piece, I wouldn't be surprised if only the factory name appeared.

Thank you again for all the information!

Cat
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »
Well done Cat!  It's very nice indeed!

filled up with some nice chilled Soave....

yum...
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
It's fabulous  :)

The signature could be just for HG as you suggested, or maybe it's the person who made the piece?
I know HG were conscious not to make something that could be confused with the older pieces.

It's a very nice piece of glass, I'm slightly envious now  ;)
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 05:57:37 PM »
Hi Cat

Nice Decanter, I feel that I have seen that decanter recently on my travels, maybe Lewes Church street ? , have to admit I did not even pick it if its the one
Roy

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 06:15:39 PM »
Hi Roy,

I'm still getting used to the idea that we don't all just exist in cyberspace and probably many of us mooch in the same areas looking for a treasure.  I'm beginning to think I should ask before I go anywhere as it would be pretty pointless heading out in the afternoon, only to find that someone else has stripped it bare in the morning!

You have a great memory.  The decanter was from Lewes - the old church place on the oneway road (I don't know Lewes well enough to know the road names yet!).

Did you go to Ardingly today?  Given the weather I'd think there were some bargains to be found.

Take care
Cat

Cat 😺

Offline Galle

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 04:41:39 AM »
Sorry I'm four years late to this discussion, but I picked up this gorgeous pair of candlesticks at a show last weekend for what seems like to me a ridiculously low price of $30 US.

Based on what I've read above, are these designed by Jonas Hidle? Any idea of the true value?

Thanks - Norwegian is not my usual poison, I collect Bohemian, but I liked these very much:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bohemianglassandmore/sets/72157625791869840/

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 11:17:29 AM »
Your candlesticks are indeed by Jonas Hidle of Hadeland, designed in 1953 as part of their art glass range. Hidle made just a few pieces of art glass, and is best known for his glass lamps and chandeliers. Check out the huge crystal chandeliers of the Kennedy Centre in Washington and Winnepeg Concert Hall in Canada. That’s Hidles work. Your candlesticks are quite a find. Congratulations!

Offline Galle

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 12:05:52 PM »
Thank you for the information - that's good news, indeed. :)

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:53 PM »
Maybe the exception to the rule (Hadeland - the poor relation) but can anyone tell me why?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280613540813

It is a spectacular piece & certaintly rocked a few peoples boats....

Robbo
robbo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand