No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: millefiori paperweight--- cant find ID = Baccarat 1987 (no pic)  (Read 3352 times)

Offline kujawa

• Members
i bought this piece years ago.. i am looking for value to sell..
 WE THE PEOPLE  on center piece.. 1987 b on one piece...

any help appreciated...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
millefiori paperweight--- cant find
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 06:06:06 PM »
Hi,

I recommend contacting a regular paperweight dealer for information - there are several online.

When you say, "1987 b on one piece", do you mean that there is a small round-ish cane included with a "B" above "1987"?

I don't recognise "We The People" as part of a 20th century Baccarat paperweight design, but I have little personal knowledge of those weights. The types that I am aware of are such as exhibited by PCC in 1999, some now shown at: http://www.kevh.clara.net/exhib99 (Follow the links for Modern/French/Baccarat)
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 08:59:22 PM »
Baccarat made, still do I think, a lot of special orders for US resellers, contact Baccarat they are very helpful.

Probably find some selling on eBay too.

Offline kujawa

• Members
CANE MARKING ON PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 11:10:01 PM »
Quote from: "KevH"
Hi,

I recommend contacting a regular paperweight dealer for information - there are several online.

When you say, "1987 b on one piece", do you mean that there is a small round-ish cane included with a "B" above "1987"?

I don't recognise "We The People" as part of a 20th century Baccarat paperweight design, but I have little personal knowledge of those weights. The types that I am aware of are such as exhibited by PCC in 1999, some now shown at: http://www.kevh.clara.net/exhib99 (Follow the links for Modern/French/Baccarat)

thanks,,, yes,, the little "canes".. that are around in circles.. red on outercircle, blue on inner circle,,and red and blue on 3 row..right in the middle is a large white one with ' WE THE PEOPLE "

ON THE OUTER CIRCLE IS A 'PINK ' ONE.. WITH 1987 AND A B UNDER 1987.... STILL NEED HELP,, HAVE NOT HAD ANY LUCK.. NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO SELL FOR ON EBAY..... AS I DONT WANT TO LOOSE.. MAY JUST KEEP ..... THANKS EVERYONE

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 01:45:53 AM »
I have now seen an image of the weight in question. It is not one that I had seen before amongst the various modern Baccarat output.

To be honest, in my view it's also not as nice as the usual modern French ones - but that's just personal taste.

As for how much to sell for ... why not just put a reserve of what you paid plus a bit for good measure. That will be a profit. Let the bidders decide the current "market value". Or if maximum profit is the motive, just put a really high reserve on it and see how close it gets.

Or, as I suggested earlier, contact a regular paperweight dealer and ask them.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand