No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Cloud Glass Candleholders  (Read 985 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Blue Cloud Glass Candleholders
« on: May 24, 2007, 09:09:37 PM »
I know diddley-squat about Cloud glass so I wonder if those that do can help me here. I know enough about it to recognise it - that's about all - and a couple of days ago I was in a charity shop with my OH when I saw two dark blue Cloud glass candleholders.  I thought they were rather nice because the colour was so unusual (I'm more used to seeing the orangey stuff) and at something like £1 each they were cheap however hubby put me off buying them because we're running out of space at home and they're not strictly speaking the stuff we deal in.  It's been bugging me though, that I think I should have bought them.  Would I have been able to sell them fairly quickly - is there a buoyant market for Cloud glass - in particular the blue colour?  I'd appreciate any thoughts so I know for next time I come across it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Blue Cloud Glass Candleholders
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:34:47 AM »
Pip — In my opinion you can't go far wrong with cloud glass (Davidson, that is) sticks at just £1 each, although you might have had trouble selling them in amber cloud.   Perfect, that is, as damaged they are of no value at all.   Of couse, if they are the tall ones, you have a nice bargain.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »
Bernard, many thanks - as I thought I should probably have ignored the OH and bought them.  They were the short ones but were in lovely undamaged condition.  Anyway, it's good for know for the next time so I appreciate your input  ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
Blue is definitely one of the more collectable colours and well worth £1 each. The candlesticks aren't the best examples, but they will resell easily enough.

Produced 1925-34 (source: http://www.cloudglass.com/Blue.htm)
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand