No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Use your glass knowledge, to get free glass. An Idea  (Read 1371 times)

Offline NazeingResearch

• Members
Use your glass knowledge, to get free glass. An Idea
« on: August 02, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
We have a bit of a mountain of unidentified glass over here, and was wondering if anyone, or everyone here would like to pick over pictures of them and point out ones they recognize or know something about. I've spoken to Stephen about it, and we decided that for every three items that are positively identified a free glass gift would be sent to the person that identified them. I was wondering if this would be ok to do (hopefully an admin will see this soon), and also how best to do it. I could for example post a message with numbers 1-x and a link to a photograph of each piece, making it easier to state which piece you are identifying. That way people wont get bogged down with a message full of pictures, they can just click the links they want to see. I think this is a good chance for everyone to stretch their glass muscles, and get some free glass out of it too. Stephen said he doesnt want people to know exactly what the rewards are, because that would ruin the suprise!

Anyway let me know what you think of the idea. Also I have our first advert of the soon to be opened glass museum if anyone wants to take a peek. Enjoy your weekends!

Rob
Rob @ Nazeing Glass

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Use your glass knowledge, to get free glass. An Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:18:24 PM »
set up a page in http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/index.php and link to it.
That way you can cover the whole lot with 1 link in stead of having to do one per picture.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »
Excellent idea, and yes to Ivo's suggestion of using GlassGallery to host the pictures. Rob if you need help with the GlassGallery let me know. :)

And yes also to seeing the museum advert please. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline NazeingResearch

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »
Well when I say a mountain, I really do mean it. I'd estimate around 250 pieces, so I wouldn't want to swamp your gallery with them. I have a paid hosting account with photobucket, which I can use and make public for everyone to see. I think I'll do that rather than bog your hosting account down.

A link to the advert is here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/rib13/Finalcopy.jpg

I had about an hour to do it before the deadline though so if it looks a bit rushed, its because it is! I'll post a new topic when I have some of the photographs of the unidentified glass uploaded and put a link to it in this one when I'm done. It may take some time to upload them all!

Cheers for the fast responses, and good luck to everyone for when the time comes. Hopefully I'll have many pictures uploaded and on here later this afternoon, so you can get cracking on geting yourself some free glass. I wish I was able to identify more glass, I wouldn't mind some myself

Rob

Rob
Rob @ Nazeing Glass

Sklounion

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 12:39:48 PM »
Well, I failed miserably.
0/15.
Obviously mission impossible for me  :-[
Regards,
Marcus

Offline NazeingResearch

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »
Well, I failed miserably.
0/15.
Obviously mission impossible for me  :-[
Regards,
Marcus

Ah but just you wait until I have them all up. I'm sure you'll be able to pick out a fair few out of over 200!
Rob @ Nazeing Glass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand