No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I need help identifying this lamp.....(I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!)  (Read 2737 times)

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Re: I need help identifying this lamp.....(I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!)
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »
I know next to nothing about this kind of glass, so this is just a wild guess - Imperial Candlewick?

Shannon
Shannon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline gracie

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 09:44:45 PM »
Hi Frank.....I appreciate all of your comments and help.  I do not even count sheep anymore at night.....I count lightbulbs!!!!!  YIKES!!!!

I checked on the lamp and the socket inside the tube has a porcelain base and on the bottom of it is
marked Paulding.  Does that ring any bells???....or should I say "Do any lights go off in your head?"....sorry, bad pun....must be from lack of sleep.....hahaha

I sent an email to the the Sklo Union website.  Wow, that stuff is really beautiful.  Some of the vases are the closest thing I have seen to the designs on the stems of my lamps. 

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you......Gracie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline gracie

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »
Shannon,

Thanks for you comment.  Anne left me a comment with several companies to look at, and Imperial was one of them.  I checked them all out, and could not find anything that really resembled my lamps.  I have also checked "candlewick", and no luck.  The lead that Frank gave me on Sklo Union is the closest I have come to matching the stems on the lamps.  I am waiting for an answer from them.

Thanks again, Gracie

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »
Gracie, you may not get an immediate answer from sklounion.com as he is away at the moment, so be patient.  I'll flag up this topic for him to look at for you as soon as he is able to.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 03:30:13 AM »
Gracie maybe I can help since I'm in the US (Ohio) & have been selling lamps for years. First understand that US glass companies made glass parts for lamp manufacturers under subcontract. Parts were made in the millions & the glass manufacturers (and just about each & every glass manufacturer was involved) who made the parts for the lamp manufacturers typically did not keep records of any kind since the moulds were almost always provided by the lamp manufacturer & these were subcontract jobs for a specified number/type of part. They would make the pour for  1,000 bases, 1,000 columns, box & ship the parts to the lamp company who made the order. It's a waste of time trying to even estimate who/whom made the pour & US lamp buyers quite frankly do not care who made the pour or who the final lamp manufacturer was for commercial lamps. Yours could be anywhere from the mid-30's to early 50's. For instance Tiffin made both bases & columns almost identical to yours, but since they were subcontracted parts they are not considered to be Tiffin. Probably 90% (and thats a low estimate) of all US glass lamps were made in this manner. These are commercial vanity lamps that on eBay would bring on a very good day $40 for the pair. It may be different in Europe, but in the US this it how it was done. This does not include glass lamps that were specifically designed, made & cataloged by glass companies who made & sold lamps under the name of the glass company, Cambridge, Tiffin, Imperial, etc. but again we are talking less than 10% of the lamps being actually made, cataloged & sold by glass companies.

Offline gracie

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
Thank you Anne.  I really enjoyed the Sklo Union website.  I appriciate all of the help I can get!!!! 

Offline gracie

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 06:03:45 PM »
Hi g-m-a!  OUCH!!!!  You really burst my bubble.....hahaha  I think I will have to renew my relationship with my therapist and have already called in a re-order for my anti-depressants.....hahaha  The next thing you are probably going to tell me is that there is no Tooth Fairy.  In that case, I will just have to buy a shack in the mountains and live out my days in misery......hahaha

I may or may not ever identify these lamps, but I am having fun trying, and have met some really nice people along the way!  I am also learning about types of glass that I never knew existed.....so, I guess for me, these little lamps are becoming priceless!!!!  Identifying glass to me is like finding the last piece in the puzzle, and it actually fits!!!!

I appreciate all of the help and comments that are sent my way!  Thank you!!!

Sklounion

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 05:04:34 PM »
Hi,
I am sorry, I cannot add anything, as these items fall outside my area of expertise.
Regards,
Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand