No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help pls... small thick-walled blue bowl, Scottish?  (Read 904 times)

Offline francois

• Members
ID help pls... small thick-walled blue bowl, Scottish?
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:15 PM »
Hi, guys.
I wonder if there's anyone out there can tell me anything about this little bowl.
It's 4 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches high and has a partly obliterated pontil mark, as though it's been given a good rubbing over afterwards.
But most striking feature is the mottled cloudy blue swirls in the glass. It's quite a heavy little bowl and has seen a fair bit of life along the way.
I wondered if it could be Scottish. Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Or is it impossible to tell which tree should be barked up?
Thanks to all kind enough to reply. Frankie:-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: ID help pls... small thick-walled blue bowl, Scottish?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:19:17 PM »
I see no particular reason it could be Scottish.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand