No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Binalite?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Binalite?
« on: April 02, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »
Hello could some one tell me is Binalite the name of this maker off this lighter and ashtray or the name of the glass. the lable says hand cut crystal are these from around the 70s mind they are not in vouge now as the anti smoke policy gets hold.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Binalite?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »
"Binalite" - superb name. I used to set my bin alight at work quite often in the days when I was a smoker. ;D

Internet search results would suggest that it is a trade name for the items (or perhaps a company?) rather than a name of the maker of the glass.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Binalite?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »
googling only turns up various eBay results  >:( , some of which suggest it is a Japanese brand of lighter.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand